A wonderful Welcome

Thanks so much for stopping by my site! These are my musings. I hope you can relate or be inspired by little adventures while I'm not creating a story.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Film script in the works

Dear World,

I’m writing to tell you exciting news! I’ve finished my feature length script for good. No more revising, unless somebody is paying me to do it. It’s called Leaving Home. Anyways, on April 1st I’m starting a new script for this competition called scriptfrenzy. It’s a competition to write 100 pages in a month. That’s it. This film I’m working on is the basis for my senior film. Oddly I came across this film called Kavi. It’s a 19 min grad thesis piece that has won many prestigious awards including gold prize in the student narrative category for the Academy of Film. Anyways it’s about this kid in slavery in India. Slavery still happens everyday here in this world. So, I’ve thought about putting my characters in “slavery” because they are being captured. But instead of staying realistic, they are in a circus on another world. I just found it interesting because, I thought, yeah my characters will be in “slavery” but I didn’t realize the implications it would bring. Now, looking at this film. It makes me want to make this feature even more. With hopes that for a magical location I’d put it in India. My dream of going to India  could one day come true if I make this film a reality.

Talk to you soon dear friends,

The musing writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment